Whey protein is one of the best forms of protein, popular among bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. There are three forms of whey, each having its unique advantages:
- Whey Protein Concentrate: Whey Protein Concentrate has about 70% to 80% proteins, and 20% comprises fat, carbohydrates, and traces of lactose. It is minimally processed.
- Whey Protein Isolates: Whey Protein Isolates has 90 percent proteins and contains under 1per cent lactose, which most people with lactose intolerance tolerate. It is more expensive than whey concentrate as it has to be processed more to isolate proteins further.
- Whey Hydrolysate: Whey Hydrolysate is manufactured by enzymatic hydrolysis to make the peptides smaller, more bioavailable. It sends amino acids to muscles very quickly. It is bitter to taste because of the breaking down of peptides. It is the costliest of the three types of whey proteins.
Whey proteins from different brands have flooded the market. As a beginner, you are at sea, not knowing which brand to buy. We have listed 3 of the best whey proteins here to help you choose:
1. One Science Whey Protein: Its unique formula delivers high-quality whey protein to maintain and build muscles. The glutamine in it prevents muscle catabolism, encourages muscle anabolism, and helps glycogen storage. One Science Whey Protein is made from grass-fed whey. More omega-3 fats and CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acids) are in grass-fed fat, resulting in more Vitamin A and E. Although the fat is less in whey protein, the available fat is high quality and serves you better along with the protein. Each serving gives you 25% protein, 6.5 grams BCAA, 5.2 grams L-glutamine, added whey protein isolate. It is also 100% organic. It is available in six amazing flavours.
2. GNC AMP 100% whey protein advanced: GNC AMP 100% whey protein advanced contains whey protein Isolates, hydrolysate, micro & ultra-filtered protein. It builds lean muscles. It also includes 38% more branched-chain amino acids. The enzymes in it help in rapid absorption and digestion.
3. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar: If someone offers you a high-quality, delicious blend of all three whey forms that is insanely cheap, will you bat an eyelid? Ultimate Nutrition Prostar is one such blend of all three whey forms. You get 120 calories, 25 g of proteins, 2 g of carb, and 1 g of fat from each serving. It delivers 20 percent of your daily calcium intake, 7 percent of your daily cholesterol intake, and 1 percent of your daily sodium, which is rare in a protein powder. It is one of the most effective proteins for muscle building and repairing. Also, it helps boost immunity, lower blood pressure, regulate insulin, and reduce inflammation. Beginners will love the taste as it comes in different delicious flavours.